8½ MONTHS - 23 March 2011

I've just been sick for three days, it's been dreadful! On Wednesday when I came home from work, Albert said he wasn't feeling good, and went to lay down. I hardly saw him again until Thursday morning. He said everything hurt and that he felt unbelievably tired. He felt better and better as Thursday went by, and by the evening he was fine. I woke up Sunday morning and felt the same way - even my eyes hurt. Albert took Liva & Laia out with his German friends for a couple of hours, I was in bed most of the day. Monday Heather came for three hours, the original plan was that I would go get a haircut, the first since July last year, but the plans changed. She took Liva & Laia out, I stayed at home and relaxed and prepared lunch for the girls for the coming week. I felt OK, Liva and Laia were so considerate that they napped almost 2 hours in the afternoon. But then I woke up yesterday morning and felt terrible. Once again everything hurt, including my belly. Albert called in sick and stayed home, we called Heather and asked her to come for three hours to help out. I spent the entire day in bed, sleeping most of the time. Today I feel better, though still not great - and I'm unbelievably tired though I've done nothing but sleep for three days. Liva and Laia haven't been very considerate today, and refused to nap this afternoon. Which means they were really tired by 17:00, by then it's too late to put them down. Liva started crying and cried for 1½ hours - while they had dinner, while I bathed them and after I had put them to bed. Eventually at 18:30 she collapsed into deep sleep. Laia did great for not having slept at all, she hardly cried and even laughed a few times. Now I've just worked a few hours, eaten the dinner Albert prepared, and though it's only 22:00 I'm off to bed - read a bit and then sleep. I hope to feel better again soon, I don't have much patience with Liva and Laia when I'm tired and half sick, and then I feel really guilty for not being patient with them. It's not their fault, poor girls!! And on top of it all, Liva is sick as well - this explains the pooping all the way up her back for the past few days. She has a stomch flu, and is now on medication and a no-dairy diet. She has to eat soy milk instead if their regular milk, and a rice-pudding something for dinner instead of their regular puddings. She also has to have medicine for the next 6 days. Poor little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment