3 YEARS - 30 Aug 2013

We live in such a provincial town, and I love it! This morning I decided to bring Liva and Laia to daycare in the stroller, they love it, and that way Albert can take the car to the station, which he loves. As we're walking down the stairs we meet our neighbor, she's on her way out for a jog. The girls sit down next to her on the steps while she's putting on her running shoes, and tell her that we're going to daycare in the the stroller because papa took the car.
We walk the stroller along the beach and through the forest, 15 minutes to get to daycare. There, I chat with some of the parents, the adults working there, and Liva and Laia get busy playing with their friends. I walk home along the golf-course and through the forest.
At home I check the map to see where I have to go for a meeting with a possible accountant. For those of you who might not know, I started my own little language school a few months ago, so I need an accountant. (On a side note, starting a company with a full-time working husband and 2 3-year olds is very exhausting! But that's a whole different story, and now that it's up and running I can only say it's been worth it! www.sunshinelanguages.dk). I figured it would take about 15 minutes to get to this accountant's office, hop on my bike, greet the neighbor who's just getting out of his car, then ride through the forest into town. I arrive about 7 minutes early, not realizing that this provincial little town really IS little, it doesn't take long to get from point A to point B. When I arrive, the accountant is on his office balcony, chatting to a friend on the parking lot. We chat for an hour, I get back on my bike to go home again. As I pass the train tracks, he lights start flashing and dinging, the level crossing closes getting ready for the train to pass. There isn't a person or car in sight, I am the only one who sees this, and I'm not even going that direction. But of course the level crossing has to do what it has to do when a train crosses, regardless of whether there are people out or not. As I enter the forest I see the train pass, heading the last 3 stops into Elsinore "center". I ride through the forest, greet the neighbor again, this time out with his dog, and arrive at home, where Tatanka is sprawled out in the middle of the street, enjoying life and waiting for his family to come home. He follows me up the stairs and in the front door, accepts my cuddles before running into the garden again. Now I'm home for a few hours before getting on my bike again, riding to the station (one of my favorite rides!) to go to class. My mom will pick me up after class since she works close to where I teach this afternoon, then drive me to Liva & Laia's daycare. They have some kind of summer party there this afternoon, where I've already agreed with 2 other moms we meet up and chat.
Some days I love life more than others! :)

The view on the way to Elsinore station

The view on the way to Elsinore station

The view on the way to Elsinore station

No comments:

Post a Comment