Everything is happening so quickly at the moment, I haven't had time to keep up...
Last week Tuesday I went to the language school in Sabadell, Barcelona to sign the contract for the 4 week intensive course. On the train there I received an e-mail reg. a job I had applied for in Denmark. They wanted me to come in for an interview Wednesday noon. That was of course not possible, the company was not flexible since they needed someone who could start the following Monday. I was very sad about missing this opportunity, it was a position I would have loved. It made me realize that if we wanted to live and work in Denmark, we should be in Denmark. I still had contact with the language school in Denmark which had offered me work, so I called them and asked how many hours they'd be able to offer me if I moved to Denmark. Their reply was: "As many as you want!". But I'd have to make a decision quickly, because they needed a teacher who could start the following Tuesday, one week later. They gave me 24 hours to think about it, after that they'd hire another teacher. Albert and I talked all night, calculated salary, talked about how we could do it until he found work in Denmark, called my parents to make sure we could live there at first and that they'd be able and willing to help with babysitting until we were settled and the girls can start in daycare. In the end we decided to take the chance - I'd move up to Denmark with Liva and Laia at least over the summer. If Albert had not found work in Denmark by September I'd move back down.
Wednesday morning I called the language school and accepted. A few hours later Albert received a call from a company in Denmark, they wanted him up for an interview.
Saturday early morning, five days after the e-mail on the train, we all flew to Denmark. I started work on Tuesday, Albert had his interview at the same time. We went to see an apartment near Elsinore that we would love to rent, but until we knew some thing more about Albert's situation we couldn't rent it.
Thursday noon Albert was offered the job! Friday morning we confirmed the apartment! It is now Friday evening, Albert's flying back down to Barcelona tomorrow to quit his job, pack the apartment and rent it out. I will stay here with Liva and Laia, sort out day-care and the apartment near Elsinore, and mid-May the movers will come and pick up our stuff in Barcelona, as soon as possible thereafter Albert will come up with Tatanka.
At the moment, things seem too good to be true! The apartment is lovely; water-view, guest-room, balcony, shared garden, fireplace, bathtub, five minutes from the beach and two minutes from the forrest. Liva and Laia are extremely happy here, they love my parent's garden and see their cousins loads. They talk about Iaia and Avi a lot, I think they understand that they won't be seeing them for a while. But since we'll have a guestroom in the new apartment, we hope they'll come visit often! :)
So, to sum up, loads has happened in a very short time, but it's all very positive, very exciting and we are all very, very happy!