4 MONTHS - 1 Nov. 2010

This whole idea of changing the clocks really hasn't been a lot of fun! Sunday morning Liva and Laia woke up at 5:30, which I guess is understandable since accordig to their inner clock it was actually 6:30. Sunday evening we had such a hard time trying to keep them awake, we ended up giving them dinner around 17:30 and putting them to bed at 18:30 - half an hour earlier than normal, but not according to their inner clock. Monday was the same all over again - up at 5:30, early dinner, in bed by 18:45. But then I have NO idea what happened this morning - Liva woke up at 4:30 and would not go back to sleep! Even if her inner clock is still confused, it would only have been 5:30 her time, which is definitely not normal. With all the commosion, Laia woke up at 5:00 - which would be 6:00 for her, and which is more or less normal. I really hope they will get used to this new wintertime soon, and will start sleeping until at least 6:30 - our time! - again.

These days I get an insight into what it's like being a working mom. I interpret at a conference for 11 Danish politicians, and have been away form the girls for quite a few hours both yesterday and today, and will be gone all day tomorrow. It's strange, but it's only 3 days. I hate saying goodbye, but the work is extremly demanding, and I don't really have time to think about anything else. Today was a public holiday so Albert was home with the girls. The three of them came to meet me when I finished working, Liva and Laia smiled and ran to me to give me a huge hug when they saw me - what an incredible feeling!

I have been "dieting" for 3 weeks today, and have barely lost any weight since last week - so just over 1½ kilos in total. Not exactly the result I was aiming for, but then I haven't really been as serious as I had hoped I'd be. Yesterday I joined a gym, now I just need to get myself down there! I hope to be able to go at least either Monday or Wednesday evening and Sunday morning, though this week it'll only be Sunday morning since it's a quite hectic week with this interpretation I'm doing, and a new class I start teaching on Thursdays.
Now I'm off to bed, it's been a long day, and it'll be an even longer day tomorrow. For the first time ever, Liva and Laia will be with their babysitter all day, both Albert and I have to leave at 7:45 and won't be back until after 18:00. This is - typical me! - something which quite worries me, even though I deep down know they will be fine. Anne Louise is great with them, very calm and patient. I have prepared all the food for Liva and Laia for the whole day tomorrow, there's really nothing to worry about. I just wish I could get my heart to believe what my brain knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment