2 YEARS & 6 MONTHS - 3 Jan. 2013

Happy New Year! A new year, a new start! We are not sorry to see 2012 end, it was a very difficult year in many ways. It brought a great change which we are all happy about, especially now that Albert and I both have good jobs, and Liva & Laia are completely settled and happy here and in daycare. But it has taken a long to arrive at where we are now, especially for Albert and me, and it hasn't been easy! But here's hoping for a lovely 2013!

We had a fun New Year's Eve at my brother's, as always the 4 kids had a great time playing and we all had fun. We had talked about whether we'd be able to stay awake until midnight, but that was no problem - we left their house around 2:00, some things I don't remember quite clearly.... For the first time in about 3 years! :)

Today Liva and Laia were back at daycare for the first time since Dec. 22. Though we had been talking about it for a few days, I was still a bit worried about how they would react when I left them there. Absolutely no problem, they were so happy to be back and to see all their friends! My mom picked them up, when I came home I asked how their day had been, they talked about how they had played with pearls, played on the playground and on the swings, the food they had eaten and that they had slept. Such wonderful girls!
Tomorrow we're going to Barcelona for almost 1 week, it'll be interesting to see how the girls react when we are back there - we haven't been there since we left in April. They understand that they'll be seeing Iaia and Avi soon, as well as Luca. But how much they really understand we don't know.
I'm looking forward to it all, the trip tomorrow, Three Kings on Sunday, meeting Susan and Luca on Monday, and hopefully seeing our Barcelona babysitter Emily on Tuesday. Albert and I get to have time on our own together, as well as just time on our own - alone! I hope it'll be a great week, we all need to relax and have some time off. There is of course the sad part that Albert's father is quite sick, he's doing fine but has an incurable illness, and we are very sad about that. Liva and Laia don't know, they would understand if we told them that he was very sick, but so far we haven't told them anything yet. For now we will enjoy 6 days in Barcelona, and spend as much time with Avi and Iaia as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment