2 YEARS & 9 MONTHS - 16 April 2013

I took Liva to an ear doctor this morning, we had her hearing tested some weeks ago, it turns out her ears have been totally clogged by mucus and she has been half deaf, poor little thing! We had an appointment for 8:00, had been told she would be given total anesthesia but that it would all be over within 15 minutes. I had my doubts... We arrived at the doctor's at 7:50, going there I realized we were 10 minutes early and wondered if they had even opened yet. Well, turns out I'm not used to these Danish working hours, the waiting room was well filled up (and well equipped with coffee and tea!), and they were already busy operating kids. At 8:00 on the dot we were called into the doctor's office, Liva was given full anesthesia and I was told to leave the room. 10 minutes later I was called into another room, she was all done and would be waking up any minute. Sure enough, a few minutes later she woke up again. She cried and was a bit confused, but except for that she was fine. She apparently liked being at that doctor's place, coz when I asked her if she was ready to go home she just said no. I eventually bribed her with ice-cream, otherwise we'd probably still be sitting there.... It wasn't even 9:00 yet, all the shops were still closed. Luckily there's a 7-eleven at the station, so we went there. She had an ice-cream, we went home and had breakfast, then we went shopping and bought balancing bikes for her and Laia. When we came home I assembled her bike, and off she went up and down the street. We went inside for lunch but when I mentioned she had to take a nap she refused - she wanted to go play with her new bike. The weather has been warm and sunny all day, for the first time in months, so I didn't need much convincing. We went outside to play, then went to pick up Laia. Liva was so happy to see everyone at daycare, and all the kids were out playing on the playground, so we stayed there for about 30 minutes before going home. We took the bikes into town, had (another!) ice-cream, then took the train home.
And Liva can hear now. Every time there's a loud noise she starts crying and saying her ears hurt. It's going to take a bit of adjusting, I guess... I wonder how she'll cope with all the noise at daycare tomorrow, she doesn't like noise in the first place, now it'll suddenly be at a volume she's not at all used to. But it's nice she can hear, and I hope we can stop repeating everything we tell her 2 or 3 times. Maybe she'll even start listening to what we tell her?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment